To bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in God who created all things, so that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known...
westwood baptist Church exists...
To honor and glorify God by obeying Jesus' command to make disciples of all people groups. We accomplish this through our Mission and Core Values.
Knowing God - We believe that the only way to know God and have fellowship with Him is through His Son Jesus. As believers, we continue to grow in knowledge of God the Father and His Son Jesus by reading His Word. At Westwood, we desire to see the knowledge of God (His attributes, His character, and His will) grow in the hearts and minds of all believers. To know God is to know truth, and we desire to know and speak the truth in love to every person we encounter. (Eph. 3:14-19)
Loving God - As our knowledge of who God is begins to grow, our Love of God grows with it. We want our love for God to far outweigh the desire to sin. Not only do we desire to see the love of God grow in the hearts of believers, but we long to see the love of God overflow from the hearts of believers into the lives of the people we live next to, the people we work with, the people we meet at the baseball fields, or the people we see at the grocery store. We long to show the love that God has shown to us to people of all ages, races, nationalities, ethnicities, incomes, and backgrounds. (Mark 12:28-31)
Showing God - At Westwood, we love to Show God to the world. We have taken the gospel to every corner of the world, from China, to Greece, to Ethiopia, to Brazil, to New Orleans, and Washington. We are a people who take seriously God's call to go into all the world and make disciples. We desire to always be this kind of people. Our world is in desperate need of the Good News of Jesus Christ, and we see it as our mission to take the gospel with us everywhere we go. (Matt. 28:19-20)
Our Core Values
What is most important to us
- The Bible: authoritative, inerrant, our standard for truth and obedience
- Christ-Centered Living: loving the Lord God with our whole hearts
- Dependency on God for every area of our lives
- Prayer: individual and corporate prayer as crucial in doing God's work
- Equipping Believers for a passion-driven, gift-based ministry
- Missions: Taking Christ to the nations by giving, praying, and going
How we do ministry
- Loving Relationships: Acceptance, caring for others, forgiving
- God-Centered Worship: vibrant, heartfelt, reflective
- Strengthening Families along with strong youth, children's, and young adult ministries
- Empowering Leadership